Cosmetic dentistry and smile makeovers are an increasingly popular way to reshape, whiten, move together and generally improve problem areas in the teeth. Potential patients can choose from a variety of procedures, which are explained in further detail below:
* Whitening- This is a popular and integral part of most cosmetic practices and smile makeover procedures. Darkened, stained and discolored ones can be whitened in a variety of ways, ranging from in office peroxide gel treatments to laser treatments completed in one 30 minute session. The best whitening treatment will depend on your over all cosmetic dentistry needs, time frame in which you want to see better results and budget constraints.
* Porcelain Veneers- The use of porcelain veneers is very common, as the application of a thin porcelain shell to the surface has an amazing way of hiding cracks, chips, spots, crooked ones, gaps and large areas of discoloration. Once bonded to the teeth, the thin strip of fragile porcelain becomes a solid surface and perfect for long term wear and tear.
* Filling Replacement- One of the most common requests in the area of cosmetic dentistry is the removal of silver filings from visible areas of the mouth. Essentially, these fillings are drilled back out and a natural "tooth-colored" filling is put back in its place. It offers a much more natural look for people that feel insecure or embarrassed by chunks of silver metal.
* Dental Implants- Dental implants are a great alternative to bridges, crowns and dentures for those with missing teeth. They also blend much nicer with a person's existing teeth than other methods such as a crown or a bridge.
* Straightening- This takes a slightly different approach that traditional orthodontics. Cosmetic dentists may recommend products such as Invisilign, which uses clear, removable aligners that move them closer together over an extended period of time.
Undergoing Combination Procedures for a True Smile Makeover
Most patients that choose to undergo cosmetic dentistry and smile makeovers will combine some of the procedures above for the best results. For example, a person that wants a brighter smile may combine whitening and the removal of silver fillings to attain pearly white ones. Alternatively, a person with a few missing teeth and a variety of imperfections may choose to undergo dental implants and use porcelain veneers for the remaining trouble areas.
However, the best way to decide which procedures will address your specific concerns and existing tooth structure is to set up a free consultation with a cosmetic surgeon. He or she can then use x-rays and a basic dental exam to view the teeth and offer a professional opinion as to which procedure would ultimately fit best with your smile makeover.
In Lakewood Co, dentist with a vast experience in cosmetic dentistry offers a wide range of cosmetic dental options that can transform your smile into the beautiful bright smile that you always dreamed about. To know about these procedures, visit http://denverdentistry.com