Green tea is said to be one of the many wonders that can help you lose weight the healthy way. With many diet programs these days, including various crash diets that can be a danger to your health, it is indeed great news to find something that can help you shed off a few pounds without putting your health at risk.
If you want to know more about the green tea's effect on weight loss, here are a few things that you may find useful.
Green tea contains caffeine and the substance EGCG that are responsible for the slimming effects of green tea. However, it is important to take note that green tea is not something you can take large doses of after eating heavy meals day by day and not worrying about accumulating extra fats. It is important that you also complement your tea with a healthy and balanced diet as well as a good regular exercise to make it more effective in helping you with weight loss.
Here are some of the top benefits of green tea on weight loss.
- This type of tea increases metabolism, which of course, is an important element in weight loss. If you want to avoid having too much fat deposits or extra calories in your body, you have to boost your metabolism to use them up, and this is one thing that the tea can help with. It actually initiates the heat burning process boosting up your metabolism.
- Green tea helps inhibit the absorption of fat. Indeed, it reduces the absorption of carbohydrates and fats into your body helping you with weight loss. It is also an excellent fat burner that aids in breaking down fats in the body to turn them into energy useful for the body's activities.
- The tea also helps prevent storage of fats in your body and prevents fat cells from multiplying as well.
- Taking this tea also helps you curb your food cravings, which is one factor to help you avoid overeating and in losing weight as well. It will not however suppress your appetite, in fact, it will only lessen your cravings.
- With caffeine in it also helps boost your energy especially if you are working out, thus helping you burn more calories and turn them into usable energy. Of course, this will help you become physically active as well. Even when you are resting, it will still work continuously as fat burner.
These are just a few benefits of this tea in your weight loss goals. Indeed, it can be a great part of your weight loss program diet but keep in mind that you cannot just rely solely on this tea to lose weight. You have to make sure you also have a balanced diet and regular exercise as well. Of course, this is not a miracle diet that will put your into shape overnight. You also have to be patient and invest time on this to work as well.
Carolyn Anderson loves to share resources to help you in weight loss. To learn more about green tea and weight loss, check out Do It Yourself Green Tea. Also check out Your Plate Your Fate to learn how to lose weight by eating the right kinds of foods.